Development Centre forApplied Dynamics
Machine Foundation Design
Competency Centre for Frame and Block Foundation
Rotary, Reciprocating, Impact Machines and Vibration Isolation
About the Handbook
Table of Contents
I am grateful to the following persons, who in one form or the other have contributed to the writing of this book.
DR K. G. BHATIA
- Mr. R. Venkatesh of Engineers India Ltd. New Delhi for inducting me into the field of machine foundation as early as in 1971.
- Late Mr. P N Arumugham, former Executive Director BHEL for his encouragement and support at all stages of my work. My apologies for omission of his name in the acknowledgement in the 1st edition of the Handbook due to editorial oversight
- Dr. A Gopalakrishnan, former Executive Director BHEL for giving completely free hand to deal with all field problems that required high end engineering solutions, not only related to machine foundation but all structures, machines, and foundations in power industry. My apologies for omission of his name in the acknowledgement list in the 1st edition of the Handbook due to editorial oversight.
- Prof. Shamsher Prakash, University of Roorkee, currently at Univ. of Missouri Rolla for inspiring me at very early stage to write this handbook.
- Prof. A. S. Arya, Prof. Emeritus IIT Roorkee, for guidance & encouragement at various stages.
- Late Prof. Jaikrishna for his guidance and advice throughout my association with him.
- Prof A. R. Chandrasekaran, Prof (Retd.) IIT Roorkee for critical review, discussions and guidance at all stages of the book.
- Dr R Natarajan, formerly Prof. at IIT Delhi for his advice, support and guidance at all stages during my Ph D studies at IIT Delhi.
- Prof. S. Okamoto and Prof C. Tamura of Institute of Industrial Science, Tokyo for encouragement, guidance and support during the tenure of my stay at Tokyo.
- Mr. K.P. Mathur, Executive Director (Retd), BHEL for his motivation, encouragement and open forum discussions on various field problems and their solutions throughout my association with him.
- Mr. R. K. Aggarwal , former G M Engg. BHEL Haridwar for his contribution and suggestions in dealing with electrical machine parameters.
- Prof. D.K. Paul of IIT Roorkee for discussions on various technical issues from time to time.
- Prof. P. K. Swamee of IIT Roorkee for review & suggestions at various stages of the handbook.
- Dr R. K. Goel of CBRI Roorkee for his valuable suggestions regarding publication of the handbook.
- Prof Ramji Agrawal, IT BHU for his comments and critical review at various stages of the handbook.
- Dr S. P Singh, my friend at US, for his review, comments and suggestions at very initial stage of the handbook.
- Dr. Kameshwar Rao and Mr. R. D. Chugh, my colleagues at BHEL for their constant encouragement and support all through the period of their association with me.
- Dr. A.K. Singh, my colleague at BHEL, for his extensive support in tackling analytical and various field problems on this subject all along my association with him.
- Mr. S. K. Goyal, my colleague at BHEL for discussions on field related technical issues.
- Mr. V Seshu Kumar for his support at various stages all through the writing of the book.
- Mr. Aashish and Ms Anu, my son & daughter-in-law, for their help in Modeling and Analysis of various engineering problems at all stages of bringing out this handbook.
- Dr. Amit Bhatia and Ms Shilpa Bhatia, my son & daughter-in-law for providing total hardware support, editing, formatting and web-site designing and updating from time to time.
- Mr. C. K. Mohansastry, Executive Director (Retd), BHEL for his encouragement.
- Mr. Ajay Mathur and Mr. P K Deb of Simon India for their technical support and discussions from time to time.
- Dr. Bhaskar Sarma, my ex colleague from BHEL for his support on various technical matters.
- Mr. Ramesh Pandey for his help in converting all the figures to Corel-Draw.
- Dr. PK Goyal, physician & cardiologist, for keeping me in a healthy state, which in-turn has helped me to complete the writing of the handbook.
- Mrs. Manju Bhatia, my wife for her patience, moral support and encouragement throughout the tenure of the book without which it would not have been possible to complete the task.